Follow me on instagram @jwdanklefs
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
nikeskateboarding.com held its first charity sneaker auction on eBay from August 31 to September 6 2003. The auction ended while dozens of sneaker fanatics watched a monitor displayed at the Nike booth one afternoon during the ASR San Diego trade show.
Up for auction was a one-of-a-kind pair of the Nike SB “Charity Dunk” Lows, featuring an eBay colorway (green, red, blue, yellow, and white) and eBay-esque font for the “Nike” logo. The winner then had a pair made in his/her size. The display model for the auction was displayed and shredded in the Nike booth at the ASR show a few moments after the auction closed at $40,000. The remains of the hand-shredded display Dunks were to be shipped to the winner to ensure the authenticity of Nike’s promise to only make one pair, although pictures of the remains later had been seen in SB VP, Sandy Bodecker's office. All proceeds will be split between the Tim Brauch Foundation and Skaters For Portland Skateparks. Truly a unique piece of sneaker history, the Nike Dunk SB Ebay was
made exclusively for one lucky bidder on Ebay and the remains of sample pair has been destroyed. Rumor has it that Nike bid the 30 Gs on their own eBay/Dunk auction to generate hype. Quite possible since the winning bid came from Beaverton, Oregon. Whatever the case, it's a great story.
Since the release, the ownership of the shoe has changed atleast once. Rumors say the shoe is with famous jeweler and sneaker connoisseur, Ben Baller now and it is rumored that he paid $30,000 for it. There are only a few pictures of this shoe on the net and it still remains one of the rarest shoes on the planet. Grail status for most collectors.
Expect something else regarding these in the near future.......
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Yanked from the YouTube channel, Life + Times by Jay Z, is a short discussion with Brooklyn emcee Talib Kweli and Nets coach Avery Johnson. Shot at notable BK diner, Junior’s, the two discuss AJ's journey through the NBA to the Nets, Jay Z’s contributions to the Nets’ aesthetic as well as leadership qualities and other famous Brooklynites that have represented the borough. Good for both the fans or the Nets, Talib, the "Little General" and fans of hip hop and New York food and culture alike.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
1. Diamond Supply Co. Wallet - Sleek design, holds all my plastic money & US currency.
2. Ray Ban Wayfarer Glasses (classic black) - Can't go wrong with these shades plus "I wear my sunglasses at night !"
3. Keys - to the Bentley, Rolls, and Maybach
4. USA Bandanna - $1.00, thank you Poteet Flea Market!
5. Iphone 4S - For maximum IG'ing, texting, and emails. The world never sleeps and neither does my phone.
6. Ear Buds - Cheap but gets the job done when listening to my ignorant rap music!
7. Metal Scriber - Used for those moments I run into a clean mirror or window.
8. Krink X Married To The Married Marker - Just because I'm a vandal, doesn't mean I can't do it in style.....
9. Rustoleum Spray Can - Good to leave your mark with.... currency wuz here!
10. Assorted Spray Tips - Accessory to the spray can. Never know when you need fat or thin lines.
11. Twang Pickle Salt - Goes great w/ DosXX! I swear my hoodrat tastebuds have nothing to do with this, LOL!
12. Marlboro Lights (in a box) - nasty habbit, nuff said
13. Supreme Zippo Lighter- Accessory to my nasty habbit : \
14. Bracelets - Accessories to my style.
15. Bottle Opener Ring - Never leave home w/o it! Vital for the weekend drinking....
16. Haze Gshock Watch - One of my favorite graffiti artists w/ one of my favorite watch brands. This watch is just the right size.
17. Supreme Box Logo Fitted - Anyone who knows me, knows I've been rocking them for a min....
18. Patent Leather Jordan 1's - One of my all time favorite's! Shoe screams "we're formal but we like to party!"
19. Kicks On Tight Stickers - "Ain't nobody fresher than my muthaf*ckin clique!"
20. Big Red (2 liter) - Last but NOT least.... the sweet, sweet nectar of the GODS; Big Red! My favorite soda ever and probably one of the reasons I won't live past 40... lol
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Getting ready for this new year's resolution. This little $22 investment is going to help me lose some weight. At 6.7 ounces, this is one of the lightest running shoes out today. Check your local Ross stores for a good deal.