Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 23, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
The worst crash in history, was the 1955 Le Mans disaster. It occurred at 6.26 pm, June 11th 1955 during the 1955 24 Hours of Le Mans motor race. On the home straight away early in the 24-Hour race, a crash caused large parts of racing car debris to fly into the crowd. The driver, Pierre Levegh was killed as his Mercedes 300 SLR nipped the tire of a car next to him launching him as if he hit an invisible ramp. He got air borne and flew, tumbling and exploding into the crowd. 83 spectators perished. 120 people were injured. In terms of human toll, it is the most catastrophic crash in motorsports' history. Below is the story of as well as a complation of raw footage from different angles of the accident.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
1. Girl In A Coma - "Trio B.C." - If you know me, then you know how much I love GIAC. I managed to have the band sign this LP a few years ago. Excellent album. The artwork is by Shizu Saldamando.
2. Casio F-108WH - Light grey in color, its a good everyday watch minus the price and bulkiness of a G-shock.
3. Coffee - I'm not a morning person. But a good cup of coffee gets my mind in motion. 2 creams, 4 sugars please.
4. HTC Sensation - I love this phone. It has a smooth interface and fast processor.
5. Gameboy Advance SP w/ Super Mario Bros. 3 - The playability of the SP is better than the DS or whatever new crap they have out now. And it never gets old playing arguably the best game ever made.
6. Business Cards - My third card design. You have to catch their eye before they read the info.
7. Apple iPod 5th Gen 30g - From Tribe to Bowie to Glassjaw...It's all in there.
8. Sony MDREX36V headphones - Deep sounding earbuds with volume control.
9. Korg GA-1 tuner - With my guitar coming out of tune often, this always comes in handy.
10. Assorted Picks (medium gauge)- They just feel right.
11. 09 Honda Civic key - I don't know what to say about the key.
12. Vans bottle opener - to pop off Newcastle caps. House and work keys - you know.
13. American Apparel Hoodie - The best fitting, most comfortable hoodie I've ever worn.
14. Vans Sk8-Hi - I've grown to really fall in love with this shoe. It's the essence of classic styling rooted in skateboarding.
15. Sharpie - Markers have come a long way but this is still going to be the best permanent marker around. Sharp lines with a clean stroke.
16. Juxtapoz #92 "The NYC Graffiti Issue" - I have several Juxtapoz mags, but I always find myself looking to this particular issue for inspiration. Profiles include Haze, Quik, Seen, Cope2 and Claw Money to name a few.
- Gabriel Felan